We are Hiring
A dream job awaits you
Webinar Instructor – Nonprofit Governance & Leadership Development
Latinos LEAD seeks qualified Webinar Instructors to provide live webinar facilitation through Ready to LEAD, a nonprofit governance and leadership development training program. The Webinar Instructor will assist with the presentation and evaluation of Ready to LEAD webinars, including materials review and webinar participant feedback surveys.
Ready to LEAD provides basic and advanced instruction through three webinar modules designed to prepare Latino professionals for effective nonprofit governing board service. The two-hour webinars are tailored for individuals bringing little or no previous nonprofit board member experience. Webinar trainees (up to 12 per session) receive the Ready to LEAD Toolkit, which includes references and links to other resources in professional development, nonprofit leadership, and nonprofit organization management. Webinar module summaries:
• Fundamental Nonprofit Governance – This session provides an overview of nonprofit management and leadership, organizational structure, leadership principles, and the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit governing board members.
• Finance & Fundraising – Participants engage in specialized instruction in fiscal management and charitable advancement topics, and a comparison of the for-profit corporate and the nonprofit organizational business models. A case study provides an opportunity to explore detailed finance and accounting implications of nonprofit operations.
• Advanced Topics & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Topics include senior nonprofit strategy, boardroom dynamics, and networking. This webinar also explores some of the challenges new governing board members may face when joining boards that have had few ethnic minority members, such as fostering productive relationships, strengthening social resilience, and countering negative stereotypes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead or co-lead two-hour live webinars (webinars may feature a team of two Instructors). Will include pre-webinar preparation and post-webinar evaluation, which may include up to 90 minutes per webinar (in addition to the 2-hour webinar).
• Assess content, participant evaluations, team and self performance to improve webinar programming and content.
• Confidently and knowledgeably present PowerPoint slides and other webinar content; engage and interact in a supportive manner with trainees when addressing their questions and comments.
• Instructors will present the webinars with a production team in venues in the Los Angeles County region. Remote webinar instruction may be supported for experienced and effective instructors, as determined by the Program Coordinator.
General Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Must possess demonstrated experience in nonprofit management, governing board development, leadership development, or adult education. Confident public speaking and/or webinar instruction skills required.
• Knowledge of nonprofit sector general topics and familiarity with nonprofit organization structure, management, and governing board principles.
• Strong adult education, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• At least three years experience in organizational development, training, or workshop/seminar/webinar development/coordination/moderation in a nonprofit, private or public sector organization or for clients in those sectors.
• Awareness of and commitment to Latino community and professional development, and in diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and how these principles can be applied to nonprofit governing board practices.
• An ability to function independently, and to collaborate professionally with Latinos LEAD staff, other facilitators, and clients.
• Strong public speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools, Google shared documents, and ZOOM meeting platform skills
• Sufficient higher education and/or industry training to meet job qualifications
Part time: Varies at your preference and availability. All Instructors will be expected to deliver at least two webinars monthly; this may increase as webinar demand grows. The total time commitment for prepartion, delivery, and debrief is 3 to 4 hours per webinar.
Compensation is $350 for each webinar taught; and $30/hour for other program support, admin., training, etc.. This is an at-will employment position; does not qualify for independent contractor status.